Breaking News

Responsive Advertisement

Captain Hosa Okunbo and MKO Abiola: The symphony of synchronous philanthropic destinies

 




Captain Hosa Okunbo and MKO Abiola: The symphony of synchronous philanthropic destinies

 

“TIME IS NOT MEASURED BY THE PASSING OF SEVERAL YEARS BUT BY WHAT ONE DOES, WHAT ONE FEELS, AND WHAT ONE ACHIEVES”

The ill news broke over 72 hours ago, yet too tongue-tied have I been to pour out my heart. How can I find my voice when in the last couple years, not a day passed without sharing that same voice with my mentor and benefactor: Captain Hosa Okubor?

 

But as our ancients have taught us: to every man his due and to every situation its due. I now must speak.

 

Cracked and tear-drenched my voice may sound, but I must celebrate a life well lived and a life well shared. I must now, like King David shout in agony: “How are the mighty fallen…” I can say in great pains, “Tell it not in Ogbé, publish it not in the streets of the uncircumcised; lest the unenlightened rejoice, lest the hearts of the ungrateful exalt!

And MKO too? What’s the connection? Well, those who know me very well know that I have always considered MKO Abiola as my hero and mentor.

Of late, I added Captain Hosa to my very short list of men who have demonstrated that uncommon existence amidst the common mediocrity today that passes for greatness.

No comments