Breaking News

Responsive Advertisement

Late Hon. (Chief) Geoffrey Lysias Uzono Ata1

 

 

 


 

Late Hon. (Chief) Geoffrey Lysias Uzono Ata1, was the first commissioner in Eastern Obolo L. G. A. Third commissioner for special duties since the creation of Akwa ibom state and later commissioner for Agriculture and Natural resources. His innovations were review of stipends paid to traditional rulers in the state , Publication of a book in March 1996, local government in Akwa ibom state that contains the L.Gs achievements and problems, resources and investment opportunities.With this he was able to identify the impediments to the efficient administration of the grassroots areas. During his tenure the local govt was increased from 24 to 31in 1996.
He was instrumental to the creation of Eastern Obolo L. G. A.
Some of his words were
1. "I took an active an principal part in the movement for the creation of Eastern Obolo L.G.A at the risk of my office as commissioner for special duties and the marks I have made on Eastern Obolo sons an daughters will ever remain indelible in their spirit , soul and body whether I live or die"
2. " Therefore I feel proud When I see the outstanding performance of our offspring and new breed politicians. I feel proud when our children direct their arrows towards clear sky and a harmonious future, I feel proud when our children submit their blue print for a sustainable development of Obolo nation and when I hear the voices of these children, I feel supremely confident"- Chief Geoffrey Uzono.

in one of his famous words Geoffery has this to say "I took an active part in the movement for the creation of Eastern Obolo Local Government at the risk of my office as a commissioner and the marks I have made on Eastern Obolo Sons and Daughters will  remain forever in their soul and body whether I live or I die"
RIP our living Legend an HERO. We love and miss you.

In his words: Even if I die Eastern Obolo people should continue to benefit from his struggle that lead to creation of Eastern Obolo L.G.A.

Paraphrase

Obolo itiki

Living to celebrate an ICON of all history, Eastern Obolo is ONE

 

Ebirien Ephraim

 

No comments